· Name: Alex Varlik
· Hotel: Georges Hotel, Istanbul
· What's special about him? Alex was the son of a Turkish artist, spent his childhood in France, and went on to study law at the Sorbonne. Several years back, with his business partner Kerim Kamhi, he founded the Georges.
· Why we dig the hotel: 20-room boutique hotel right in the heart of Istanbul's cultural center; many rooms feature views of the Bosphorous and Golden Horn. Oh, and how 'bout this rooftop terrace?
· Verdict: Brains and beauty. The hot leather jacket is just a bonus.
· Name: Andreas Schmidt
· Hotel: Le Blanc Spa Resort, Cancun
· What's special about him? Nevermind Andreas' flair for developing policies, increasing revenue, negotiating contracts, blah blah blah. Our sources tell us he's also a chef.
· Why we dig the hotel: Last year, we featured this place in our list of "5 All-Inclusive Resorts That Don't Feel Like All-Inclusive Resorts." Here's why.
· Verdict: We wouldn't mind tasting this guy's enchiladas.
· Name: Bart Spoorenberg
· Hotel: Castello di Casole, Tuscany
· What's special about him? Bart's previously worked for Starwood's specialty boutique brand, Luxury Collection in Sardinia, as well as the St Regis New York. Clearly, this guy knows how to get around.
· Why we dig the hotel: A 4,200 acre estate in Tuscany with 28 private farmhouses, 10 villas and a restored 10th century castle? Yes.
· Verdict: A hottie with friends in all the right places.
· Name: Leon Baum
· Hotel: Stafford Hotel, London
· What's special about him? Sources tell us Leon "knows how to wow men and women alike." We'll assume they're just referring to his skills as a GM. He also recently bungee jumped for charity in an event called "Toss Your Boss."
· Verdict: We wouldn't mind being strapped to this looker and thrown off a bridge!
· Name: Luca Finardi
· Hotel: Grand Hotel Timeo, Taormina
· What's special about him? This guy's more Italian than a plate of pappardelle prepared on the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
· Why we dig the hotel: Earlier this year, Josh Flagg ranked this as one of the best hotel pools in all of Italy.
· Verdict: La vita è bella. And so is this heartthrob.
· Name: Mark Stevenson
· Hotel: Trump Ocean Club, Panama
· What's special about him? After traveling most of the world, Mark is able to strike up an easy, relaxed conversation with pretty much any guest that walks through Trump's doors. On top of that: he helped open what is now considered one of the top two hotels in Latin America.
· Why we dig the hotel: A butterfly-shaped (or sail-shaped, depending on where you're standing) property right on the Pacific Ocean, with an infinity pool and a wine bar designed to resemble the inside of a Louis Vuitton trunk.
· Verdict: Hotter than a hot air balloon drifting over the Panama Canal.
· Name: Stephan Post
· Hotel: Orient-Express Palacio Nazarenas, Cusco
· What's special about him? He's a runner, a foodie, a multilingual single dad, and he runs an Orient-Express hotel. We like.
· Why we dig the hotel: Opened just five and a half months ago, this 55-suite property sits 11,000 feet above sea level, and suites are even oxygenated to help guests acclimate to the air pressure difference. Oh, it's also got Cusco's first-ever hotel pool.
· Verdict: Hotter than an Inca fire ceremony.
[Photo: HotelChatter; inset, Croquislife]