The following hotels remain open, with power, and have available rooms. However, since there is such high demand right now, we recommend acting quickly. There is a VERY high likelihood of these rooms being snapped up in a jiffy:
New York Palace at $499/night with a two-night minimum. Call 212-888-7000.
· Hotel 373 at $409/night. Call 212-213-3388.
· The Library Hotel's last room (the smallest in the hotel) is still available for $529/night. Call 212-983-4500. Or don't.
· Sheraton New York. Call 212-581-1000.
· Marrakech Hotel at $349/night. Call 212-222-2954.
· Yotel at $329/night. Call 646-449-7700.
· The Royalton at $559/night. Call 212-869-4400.
· Renaissance 57 at $459/night. Call 212-753-8841.
· Hotel Chandler. Call 866-627-7847.
· Best Western Convention Center at 522 W 38th St. Call 800-780-7234.
· Best Western Plus Hospitality House at 145 E 49th St. Call 800-780-7234.
· Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea at 121 W 28th St. $419/night. Call 212-564-2181.
· The Mansfield Hotel at 12 W 44th St. $629/night. Call 888-823-3085.
· The Shoreham Hotel at 33 W 55th St. $649/night. Call 888-823-3085.
· La Quinta Inn has availability tomorrow night starting at $329/night. Call 212-736-1600.
· Over in Long Island City, just ten minutes from Manhattan, the Verve Hotel has a suite going for $700/night (call 718-786-4545).
The following hotels remain open, but are fully booked as of tonight. Now, with airports opening up and people able to fly out of the city, rooms will definitely be opening up. If you need a hotel for this weekend—or even as soon as tomorrow night—these places are still worth a call:
· Four Seasons New York has power.
· Andaz Fifth Ave has power. (A source tells us the hotel is full of fashion and media types, all in need of a temporary place to be fabulous.)
· Ritz-Carlton Central Park has power.
· Hotel Surrey has power.
· 70 Park Ave has power.
· The Muse has power.
· Eventi Hotel has power.
· Pod 51 has power.
· ONE UN New York has power.
· Westin New York Grand Central has power.
· Ace Hotel has power but is not allowing non-guests to use the lobby.
· Millenium Hilton has power.
· Hilton Fashion District has power.
· NoMad Hotel unconfirmed.
· All Hilton, and Hilton Garden Inns are fully booked, except for the HGI Chelsea, listed above.
· Marriott Marquis Times Square has power.
· Both InterContinental hotels have power, but are fully booked.
· AKA Central Park has power.
· AKA Times Square has power.
· The Chatwal has power.
· Stay has power.
· Dream has power.
· Time has power.
· Night has power.
· Hotel Mela has power.
· Hotel Wolcott has power.
· The Carlyle has power, sold out until Nov 5.
· Carvi Hotel has power.
· Carlton Hotel unconfirmed.
· Hotel Elysee has power.
· San Carlos Hotel has power.
· Pod 39
· The Standard High Line
· Hotel Americano
· Gramercy Park Hotel
· The Strand
The following hotels are currently closed until further notice:
· Andaz Wall Street set to reopen Nov 8
· Ritz-Carlton Battery Park
· Best Western Plus Seaport Inn set to reopen Nov 6
· Best Western Hanbee Hotel
· Gansevoort Meatpacking should be "up and running again soon" per Twitter.
· Conrad New York
· New York Marriott Downtown
· W New York Downtown
· Mondrian Soho
In the meantime, take a look at our recent Hurricane Sandy stories, including:
· Hotel guests are pros at keeping themselves amused during any natural disaster.
· How are hotels dealing with last-minute cancellations and stay extensions? Find out here.