· Affinia Chicago is hosting a "Winter Warrior Challenge" this winter for hotel guests. Those who complete three or more of the "winter-loving" tasks will receive complimentary house-made cup o' Smores or hot soup from the hotel's C-House restaurant. They will also have a chance to win a grand prize of a weekend stay at the hotel during the summer months and a flipcam. Some of the winter tasks include:
· Ride the ferris wheel at Navy Pier
· Build a snowman (snow permitting; the hotel will provide a few accessories, including a fedora!)
· Dip fingers (or toes!) in Lake Michigan
·Stroll through Millennium Park Make a snow angel
·Eat ice cream outside
· Wild card (show Affinia Chicago your most creative outdoor adventure in the Windy City)
To participate guests should request a Winter Warrior Challenge checklist from the front desk. The challenge is only being held from January through March. Room rates at Affinia start at $119 a night.
· Hotel 71 right on the Chicago River was offering select rooms for $71 per night to celebrate last week's snow fall. While the snow day rate is no longer in effect, it might be worth it to check in with the hotel when more snow falls.
· Four Seasons Chicago might be too pricey for some of us to stay overnight but there's no reason not to pop in for a hearty meal. The hotel has just announced a new dining concept, Allium, which will open in February. The restaurant will focus on farm-to-table, regional American cuisine and will feature a seasonal menu with sustainable ingredients. Allium will also have its own Meat Locker featuring a selection of premium steaks and chops from Midwestern ranchers. To further warm you up, the restaurant's beverage program will have a beer list strictly focused on Midwest microbreweries as well as a wine by the glass program focusing on sustainable vintages from American vineyards.