· The Surfcomber: And ditto again for this former Doubletree property which is still open, but not really operating as a Kimpton just yet. We've seen work underway at the hotel but no word from Kimpton H.Q. on when the hotel will make its fully-fledged debut.
· B South Beach: Another Collins Ave Cinderella story in the making. This should B ready by fall 2012.
· EDITION South Beach: Let's hope Schrager and Marriott's new brand makes it to fruition on the site of the old Seville Beach Resort, in the mid-beach stretch of Collins.
· Cipriani Miami: We've seen small hints of activity on this site, also in mid-beach, lately. However, the website for what was to be Cipriani Ocean Resort and Club Residences is no longer live. Hmm ...
· St. Regis Bal Harbour: This one looks to be in good shape, and the website's latest ETA is January 2012. Bring on the posh and the fancy!
· The Fairfax Miami: Once upon a time, Todd Oldham was involved in plans to revive this little hotel opposite The Raleigh. We've heard nada, but we do see signs of construction work afoot on the site...
· Hampton Inn Brickell: This downtown eco-friendly hotel is on track to open this fall. Woo!
· Element Miami International Airport: Long-awaited, and still scheduled for a December 8 debut. For now.
· Aloft Miami-Brickell: Estimated time of arrival is July 2012.
· Aloft Miami Doral: To follow in 2013.
· Resorts Miami: The Sponge Bob Meets the Jetsons" mega-hotel-casino complex is still just a blueprint dream -- and Miami politicos are trying to block the casino part of it -- but once it's built, it will be the talk of the town.