The Batman Hotel Room is Only for the Die-Hard Batman Fan
There's tons of hotel news flying around this week and we don't have time to give each and every story the love and attention it may deserve, so you will have to settle for some news briefs.
· Travel booking site, Kayak, now allows guests to book directly through their site. This is a much easier and smoother option but as we just heard again, hotels really like it when you book with them directly. It may be the difference between getting the ocean view upgrade at check-in and that room by the elevator. [Kayak]
· No surprise here. London Hotels are set to charge five times more their usual prices during the 2012 Summer Olympics. Considering that we often find ourselves priced out of London hotels, we thinking the only peeps who can afford these rooms are Russian and Facebook billionaires. [Daily Mail]
· Despite rolling blackouts, Tokyo's hotels are still open for business. Here's an extensive rundown of the major chains in the country and how they are faring. [Hotel News Now]
· We think it's cute when little boys dress up as Batman, wear Batman underwear and sleep in Batman sheets. But if a grown man decided to whisk us away for a romantical evening in this Batman Themed Hotel Room, we may opt to spend the night at The Plaza with Charlie Sheen. But we have to admit the batmobile in the room is kinda cool. Still, we wouldn't travel to Taiwan to stay here. [Hyper Vocal]
· VegasChatter lets us know about the latest amenity must-have for frequent Sin City visitors--The Vegas Box. You fill up a plastic bin with all your little incidentals and toiletries that you don't want to lug back and forth each visit and then the Vegas Box will appear at your hotel when you check-in. The box people will also remove it from the hotel when you check out. The membership is $99 annually yet it could be saving you that much, or more, in checked baggage fees. [VegasChatter]