CNN Names the Fifteen Hotels to See Before You Die
The Akköy Evleri Cave Hotel in Turkey
Remember that best-selling book 1,000 Places to See Before You Die? Back when it was first published in 2003, it seems like everyone either bought one for a little light travel reading or gave one as a holiday gift. Regardless, the theme of "_______ to see before you die" is a popular one, and hotels are no exception. Just today, CNN came out with their list of the 15 Hotels to Stay In Before You Die.
Before you assume they're all $800 per-night mini palaces stocked with private pools and personal butlers, know that it's actually a well thought-out collection, if you ignore the two entries we'd rather class as bed & breakfasts than legit hotels.
Here's a partial list:
· Hotel Saratoga, Cuba ($238)
· Akköy Evleri Cave Hotel, Turkey ($106)
· Ngorongoro Crater Lodge, Tanzania ($720)
· The Oberoi Udaivilas, India (the only chain hotel on the list, $760)
· Alila Ubud, Indonesia ($148)
To see the next ten, check out the original story here on CNN.com.