Geeks and Porn Stars Will Reunite in Vegas But We Hope They Bring Extra Cash
Once again, biggest nerd expo, CES and the biggest adult expo, AEE, are getting off together in Vegas this week starting on January 6.
Given that this is probably one of Vegas' biggest weeks/weekends of the year, room rates are far higher than they were for New Year's Eve.
Here's a quick list of still available, somewhat doable hotel rates for this week. (Compiled from HotelRates.HotelChatter.com for January 6-9.)
· Hooters: $289 a night. Probably more than you'd ever pay for Hooters but we did like those rooms last summer.
· Palazzo: $666 a night. Ridiculously expensive plus you have a $20 resort fee to pay as well. But it is close to the Sands convention center and you do get a huge suite. Split the cost with your fellow porn stars...er...coworkers.
· Monte Carlo: $384 a night. The rooms aren't the greatest but the location near CityCenter and the new Cosmopolitan hotel is central to the action. (Just not the expo action.)
· Luxor: $245 a night. Definitely not our first choice for Vegas but is still one of the few hotels available for under $300.
And now here are just some laughable room rates:
· Trump Las Vegas: $919 a night. No. Just simply no.
· Tropicana: $722 a night. Yes, it's a fave hotel for VegasChatter but at well under $100. Not $722.
· Riviera: $689 a night. We're actually double-checking to see if this is a mistake. The Riviera is usually no-man's land.
· Aria: $519 a night. Simply too much to pay for a hotel that's not even near the expo action.