And the answer to that million-dollar question is: the plaza is scheduled to open in October.
It's been awhile since we were talking all things Eventi (ie: before it opened in May), so here's a quick refresher of what to expect:
· The outdoor plaza is part of an overall 15,000-square-foot indoor/outdoor mixed-use space
· It includes Jeffrey Chodorow's Food Parc concept, a series of stands and stalls inspired by global cuisine
· The hotel calls the big screen part of the courtyard The Big Screen Project
· There will be a reflecting pool and 'thoughtful' landscaping (beats us)
· The space will be used for art installations and events including live music
Judging by the updates on the hotel's Facebook page, Eventi is already popular for, um, events. Christian Dior has partied in one of the terrace suites, and The Village Voice's Michael Musto hosted a private movie club in the screening room inside the hotel.
But is New York
readi ready for an outdoor Big Screen Project? Time will tell ...
[Photos: HotelChatter; Eventi website ]