Guests At Hilton Glasgow Hit With Stomach Bug
Hmm, perhaps we should always choose the anti-bacterial hand sanitizer when given the chance. Given what's happening at the Hilton Glasgow at the moment, we're thinking that anything a hotel can do to prevent the spread of germs is a major plus.
Two guests of the Scottish hotel are in hospital today after 24 guests and 14 staff members came down with symptoms of a Norovirus. While the viral infection is not usually serious—15 guests have already recovered and checked out of the hotel—the outbreak is a health and PR concern for Hilton and for hotels everywhere.
The infected guests and hotel staffers were hit with sudden bouts of diarrhea and vomiting, reports the Evening Times. But public-health officials are still awaiting results to determine the exact nature and origin of the virus.
Of all guests reporting symptoms, seven were not sick enough to go to hospital and were asked to stay in their hotel rooms to contain the outbreak.
Reports say Hilton is cooperating with health officers and enforcing its own strict health and safety procedures. The hotel remains open and the pool, which had been closed, should re-open tomorrow.
[Photo: Evening Times ]