The Margaritaville Beach Hotel: A Place for Parrotheads To Um, Rest Their Heads
Parrotheads, your long-awaited dream has come true. No need to escape to the Banana Republics to
find a cheeseburger in paradise or waste away in Margaritaville. You don't even need to make changes in latitude to get drunk (and screw) as the first-ever Margaritaville Hotel inspired by the "lyrics and lifestyle" Jimmy Buffett will open this summer in Pensacola Beach, Fla. on the Gulf of Mexico.
There have been many talked-about locations for Margaritaville Hotel before but it looks like this hotel made it the easiest for Jimmy to agree to use his name.
According to a press release, the hotel's owner, Marilyn Hess, President of Little Sabine, Inc., was finalizing the details on this hotel last month when she had the opportunity to meet with Buffett in Panama City Beach at his Margaritaville Cafe there. She liked him, he liked her offer and as Buffett himself says, "I guess you never quite know what is going to happen when you take a road trip east on Highway 98; sometimes things come together for a reason."
The press release also included many other little gems about the 162-room hotel. Here are our faves:
· "Inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett"
· "Guest rooms and suites appointed with barefoot elegance"
· "Margaritaville station on the in-room SIRIUS Radio"
· "Visitors will be served fresh Florida orange juice upon arrival"
· In addition to a gulf-front restaurant, "a Margaritaville Restaurant will be opened in the next phase of the development
· A water park is planned for the future which will add to the hotel’s high entertainment value.
Uh-oh, Parrotheads, margaritas and a water park just do not mix. Hopefully, there's still some time to turn the clock back on that idea.
Starting next week, the hotel will be holding a job fair so we expect a late July opening at the earliest. Rates will start around $179 a night and you can submit your reservations request here.