We've already been impressed with Playa Viva's "Every Day is Earth Day" philosophy at their property but it's still a relief to know our margs are eco-friendly too. God knows, we drink a lot of them!
Wanna make the organic basil margarita at your place? Here's how:
Playa Viva's Organic Basil Margarita
· 4 leaves of organic basil
· 1 lime
· 1 ˝ oz of 4 Copas organic tequila (or other organic tequila)
· 1 teaspoon of agave nectar (agave honey – “Miel de Agave”)
· 5 large cubes of ice
· Thin layer of Sal Viva in a dish (for rimming glass)
ToolsTools of the trade:
· Shaker Glass
· Plate for salt to rim glass
Blending the drink:
· Start with the four leaves of organic basil. Place them in a blender, then squeeze in juice from lime, add the tequila and blend (without ice)
· Once blended, pour the blended mix into a shaker glass with the ice and add the agave nectar
· Margarita should be shaken (not stirred)
· Take the remaining lime and rim the mouth of the glass to add moisture so when you dip the glass in a plate with Sal Viva, the salt sticks to the rim
· Pour in the shaken mix into a glass for the perfect Playa Viva Organic Basil Margarita.
Recipe courtesy of Playa Viva. To purchase your own Sal Viva, send an email to info@PlayaViva.com and include the words “Sal Viva” in the subject line.