Opening Ceremony's blog has done a great job of getting us excited for Sunday's debut by teasing with a few product reveals. Here's what we know so far:
· A Tumi collaboration that includes everything from leather luggage tags to laptop cases to full upright wheelies. And boy oh boy, we have never seen Tumi luggage this colorful.
· Condoms! This store will be a travel shop, remember? And you need prophylactics on the road..just in case. Opening Ceremony teamed up with condom company that lets designers create appealing packaging, which is what they did.
· A feather pen, which is actually the first collaboration that avant-garde French fashion label Maison Martin Margiela has done. It's just a simple white Bic pen, but it sports either an ostrich or goose plume.
· Haribo gummy candy will bring in more than just the hipsters, since we know tons of people who go "ooh" and "aah" over the crazy selections of Haribo in European supermarkets. Well, now we'll have it here.
· They'll have the cutest toothbrush kit you ever did see. There's even a choice of toothbrush color, and the whole kit is extremely unique, as far as toiletry kits go.
· McSweeney's book and periodicals will have their own corner at The Ace's Opening Ceremony, as will Criterion Collection DVDs and something to snack onWalker's crisps (we'll be there for these!).