Everyone is Partying in Miami This New Year's Eve, Judging By Hotel Room Rates
Yesterday we noticed that room rates in New York City for New Year's Eve were still rather doable, even finding three hotels under $250 for the weekend.
But when we looked today at the hotel rates for Miami Beach, things were far less do-able. Yes, we know that Miami Beach has fewer hotels than NYC but these prices are steep! We tried our best to find fun hotels near the action for somewhat doable prices. Still, you better round-up your best friends, acquaintances, Twitter followers, Facebook fans, Jersey Shore housemates, whathaveyou to split the room costs here.
We searched HotelRates.HotelChatter.com for December 31-January 2nd (because we don't expect you to shake off that hangover before checkout at 11am) and found the following hotels and their planned New Year's Eve events (all rates listed pre-taxes):
· The Catalina Hotel: $429 a night. New Year's Eve party happening at the hotel featuring "Hollywood actress" Sasha Grey, hahaha, and the Spam All-Stars. Tickets can be bought for the party here.
· Eden Roc: $499 a night. Actually a Renaissance Hotel from Marriott which is planning a live performance from Jason Derulo on NYE. Tickets can be bought here.
· The Mondrian South Beach: $570 a night. Heavenly rooms but on the bay, not the beach. Still, a New Year's Eve party is planned with hostess Chloe Sevigny and her bro Paul doing the tunes. Buy tickets here.
· The National: $447 a night. This classic Art Deco hotel has put together some New Year's Eve festivities including dinner and an open bar but no special guests performances. More info can be found here.
And for your entertainment, here are some ridiculous hotel rates for New Year's Eve:
· The Bentley Hotel: $899 a night.
· The Betsy: $712 a night.
· The Delano: $925 a night.
· The Ritz-Carlton: $749 a night.