5. St. Pancras Renaissance: Marriott's Renaissance brand is firmly set to open inside the St. Pancras train station on May 5 with rooms starting at £300 a night.
6. Eccleston Square Hotel: We just found out about this new high-tech hotel opening at Eccleston Square sometime in May 2011. We've got no website for it yet but the place promises 46" 3D LED TVs and £12,000 Hasten beds from Sweden. We're officially intrigued.
7. Zetter Townhouse Hotel: The Zetter is so nice, they are doing it twice by opening a townhouse hotel across from the original. It will have just just 11 rooms, two suites and a lounge and cocktail bar and is expected to open in May 2011 as well.
8. Belgraves, a Thompson Hotel: The old Sheraton in Belgravia is currently undergoing a Thompsonization and should open in Summer 2011.
9. Aloft London ExCeL: Aloft will alight across the pond near the annoyingly-spelled ExCeL international exhibition and convention center in the Docklands area of the city. Opening is expected in late 2011
10. Premier Inn Leicester Square: Yet another hotel for the busy Leicester Square but with Premier's brand-standard rates of £29, we think that's just about what we'd spend for that locale. It's expected to open in Spring 2012.
11. The Wellesley: A shady pizza place in Hyde Park Corner will be transformed into a boutique hotel complete with a restaurant, jazz room, Crystal Bar and a cigar lounge. Signs promise a mid-2012 opening date.
12. ME London : ME Hotels, the lux arm of the Spanish Sol Melia brand has set its sights on the Holburn area of the city, recruiting Sir Norman Foster to do their design. The hotel will open in 2012 just before the Olympics.
13. Shangri-La Hotel London: The luxury hotel will be located on floors 34-52 (out of 72) of the unfortunately named Shard London Bridge building. 2012 is the opening date but again, we suspect it will happen before the Olympics begin.
14. EasyHotel on Old Street: We can't complain about the presence of another budget hotel in London. The only thing about this easyHotel is we don't know when it will open and just how low those rates will be.
15. Andre Balazs' New Hotel: Ok, so this hotel is merely rumored to be Andre Balazs' first London project. It's set in the quaint Marylebone inside an old fire station. No word on opening date but we sincerely hope it's before 2012.