To celebrate the new look, Renaissance is offering up 13 experiences for guests to buy or to bid on like an auction via American Express. The current promotion is for the The Mayflower in DC (aka Spitz Tryst hotel) but we've got our eyes on the Mardi Gras package at the Renaissance Pere Marquette which goes up for auction on 9/19 for two days only.
· Three nights in deluxe suite
· Tasting menu at the Chef's Table in the kitchen at MiLa
· Exclusive viewing of the parades on St. Charles Street's Intercon Stage, with Bourbon Street balcony passes
· Ride in the Krewe of Endymion Parade, and end the evening at the Endymion Ball in the Louisiana Superdome with limo transport
· Couples massage at The Ritz-Carlton New Orleans
· Dinner at Le Cote Brassierie at the Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel with a parade view
· Enjoy the Krewe of Bacchus Parade and front row seats at Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse
· Breakfast for two each morning plus brunch at Brennan's restaurant
· Nightly turn-down service
And of course, you must use your Amex to pay for it all. Still, having been inside this Renaissance by Marriott, we can assure you, you won't be disappointed. Rates at the Renaissance Pere Marquette regularly start at about $129 a night. However, we found rates for $99 a night this weekend. Sexy and affordable!