Will Marriott Save The Greenbrier Resort?
There's tons of hotel news flying around this week and we don't have time to give each and every story the love and attention it may deserve, so you will have to settle for some news briefs.
· The Greenbrier Resort Files for Bankruptcy: West Virgina's most special resort and one-time secret congressional nuclear war hide-out, The Greenbrier, has filed for bankruptcy. Word is Marriott is looking to buy it. [Washington Post]
· What Does Perez Hilton Want from His Hotel: A 24-hour in-room foot massage service. [Twitter]
· Virgin America Starts Charging Baggage Fees: Darnit. Darnit, darnit, darnit. Virgin America now charging $15 checked baggage fee for the first bag checked. [Jaunted]
· Guests Solicited for Sex at W Atlanta Hotel Buckhead : Two women were charged with escorting without a permit (um, you can have an escort permit?) after an undercover sting, prompted by complaints from hotel guests, caught the two women soliciting sex. [AJC]
· No Bellevue Hospital for NYC: Darnit again. Or not? NYC's famed Bellevue hospital will not be turned into a hotel. [The Observer]
[Photo: Vicky TGAW]