Forget The Pierre, which is obviously just trying to perpetuate its luxury image ("If we charge expensive rates, people will think the place is expensive"), and don't settle for any of those scary budget hotels by the JFK airport. And while the Park Central Hotel does have rates of $134+ a night, you might want to avoid the um...melee...that's gone on there as of late.
Instead, try these Five Hotels in NYC Under $150. We checked dates for April 3-5 and this is what we found.
· 1. Wyndham Garden Hotel Chelsea: We wrote about this hotel the other day because of its "Family and Friends" code, QandC, which we plugged into for the dates above. We found a king guestroom with a 32" flat panel HDTV for $122.80 a night.
· 2. Six Columbus: This Thompson Hotel near Columbus Circle is going for the low, low price of $127 on Quikbook. But you must must must book by Friday at 5pm to take advantage of these rates, which are part of the site's 72-hour sale.
· 3. Roger Smith: $129 a night. Actually the breakdown is $119 on Friday night and $139 on Saturday night. Standard rooms with 2 double beds or a room or one queen bed are available. AND they include free WiFi. No word on whether the Chocolate Jesus will rise again for Easter though.
[Photo: Rob Blatt]
· 4. Four Points by Sheraton Chelsea: The rooms were recently renovated in 2005, and you can't forget about the Four Points Best Brews Program available here. Right now, the hotel was going for $140 on Expedia (or Hotels.com) for a standard room. It's a limited time offer so book now.
· 5. Moderne Hotel: We haven't heard of The Moderne Hotel before, but this small hotel is located close to the theater district on W. 55th Street. TripAdvisor reviewers are mostly positive about the place although they do admit the rooms are small and there's no restaurant or bar on site. But right now, the hotel is $150 on Quikbook for a standard double room.
All room rates quoted were accurate on March 18, 2009. Rates and availability are subject to change.