· "The pillows are so fluffy as to defy conventional notions of fluffiness, and the comforter resembles a cloth baby diaper. Keep the heavy curtains firmly shut against the morning light and let the bed take charge."
· "Even if people hate the decor and despise being caught up in the scene, guests will flock to The Standard for the ridiculously amazing views. From our room facing north, we could look over the great expanse of Chelsea and up to Midtown with the Empire State Building and more. The corner window facing west overlooked the West Side Highway and the Hudson River, with water taxis zipping between Hoboken and Manhattan."
· "Oh, and we could totally see into the bathroom of another room."
· "Another small nitpick, but important nonetheless, is with the size of the trash cans. They are itty-bitty with miniscule openings. If our Chinese to-go container couldn't squeeze into it, then that means your discarded shopping bags and balled-up pamphlets won't either."
· "It will become a hotspot for the international set and not just the bi-coastal players. "
If you're interested in staying at this "award-winning" hotel (heh), rooms start next weekend for $325 a night.