The Famous Ones:
· The May Fair
· The Hempel
· The Metropolitan
· The Halkin
· One Aldwych (who proudly say they’ve never charged – a big gold star to them)
· The Baglioni (also offers free music and films, including, erm, porn, if you believe the rumours)
· The Independents:
· Dean Street Townhouse
· The Hoxton (our cheapo fave)
· St James’ Hotel & Club (if it’s good enough for Samuel L Jackson…)
· Chiswick Moran Hotel (free WiFi on the first two floors, but rooms only have a wired connection, which costs from £3 for 30 minutes to £15 for 24 hours)
· Egerton House Hotel (thanks to the Preferred Boutique group who told us about the last two)
· The Athenaeum Hotel: When Margaret Thatcher shacked up at this hotel overlooking Green Park, she was able to get free WiFi as it's complimentary to all guests.
· Radisson Edwardian, of which there are 10 in central London (so you can do your book club reading online at the RE Bloomsbury Street.
· Best Western – there are 14 in central London, and though they can’t guarantee the WiFi will extend to all the rooms, they say “many do” – including the BW Premier Shaftesbury Hotel in Piccadilly.
· Malmaison – you’ll find the London branch of the swish little chain in Farringdon
· Citadines Apart'Hotels, of which there are four in London: Trafalgar Square, Barbican, South Ken and Holborn
· Our perennial favourite Andaz
· Yotel (find them at Gatwick and Heathrow)
· Hotel Indigo Paddington and Hotel Indigo Tower Hill both offer free in-rooms.
Interesting fact: according to Yotel, nearly 70% of guests avail themselves of the free WiFi. Maybe if we start voting with our feet, the Ritz and co will take note.
Know of another hotel in London that has free WiFi? Let us know in comments below and we'll add it to our list!