Five Hotels Downtown for the Yankee Ticker Tape Parade
So the New York Yankees won the World Series last night and we're sure The Hotel Indigo Chelsea has popped plenty of bubbly for their Philly guest losers. But the celebrations aren't over yet. The city of New York will throw a traditional ticker tape parade to honor the athletes tomorrow in downtown New York. The official route:
The parade will begin at 11 a.m. at Broadway at Battery Place and proceed northbound up the fabled Canyon of Heroes to City Hall, at Chambers St.
At City Hall, the Yankees will be presented with Keys to the City at 1 p.m. by Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
You don't need a hotel room to watch the parade but it does make things easier. Since this is so last minute we fully expected hotels to bump up their rates for tonight, but surprisingly there are some deals. It's just a shame that Andaz Wall Street and W Downtown aren't open yet.
· Ritz-Carlton Battery Park: The hotel says they only have a few hotel rooms left so get booking now. Rates are $475 for tonight.
· Millenium Hilton: This hotel has easy access to the subway and the PATH system, perfect for you folks coming over the Hudson River. Rates are an affordable $219.
· W Hoboken: Hoboken? We know, it's not Manhattan but it is just across the river from downtown. Rates start at $269.
· Gild Hall: Get "Thompsonized" before the parade at Gild Hall near Wall Street. Rates start at $209.
· The Wall Street Inn: Located on South William Street near well, you know where. Rates start at $299 for a queen room.
Tip: Follow @NewYorkology on Twitter for the best local's tips on attending the parade.
[Photo of Yankee Stadium last night before Game 6: Affiliate]