· January 2007: The hotel is halfway there. It reminds us of a municipal courthouse from the 1950s. Throughout the rest of the year we kept very close tabs on its construction progress.
· April 2008: Rainbow drapes appear.
· August 2008: The Standard starts to look like a real building.
· September 2008: We attend the Construction Chic party for Interview magazine. The hotel was not open.
· December 2008: Standard puts out the patio furniture. Then it opens on December 21.
· January 2009: We spend the night inside the Standard.
· October/November 2009: Ordering humble pie and learning that guests get kicked out of Boom Boom room at 9pm.
Got your own favorite Standard NYC moment? Put it in comments below.