We've been tipped off that the near four-grand price will buy you the following:
· Two nights at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel in accommodations fit for a ‘King’
· A private recording session at Studio B of one of Elvis’ songs with roundtrip limousine transport to and from the hotel and studio
· An iPod preloaded with the top 50 Elvis songs
· Set of 10 keepsake DVD’s of various Elvis movies: Love Me Tender, Jailhouse Rock, King Creole, Blue Hawaii and Viva Las Vegas to name a few.
· Private cooking lesson with one of the hotel’s chefs to learn to make Elvis’s favorites foods including fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, meatloaf, and banana pudding, followed by lunch.
· Copy of “The Presley Family Cookbook” by Vester Presley and Nancy Rooks
· An exclusive guided tour at the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum focusing on Elvis Presley’s life and musical impact. Artifacts related to Presley on display include his 1960 “Solid Gold” Cadillac limousine with 24-karat gold plate highlights and 40 painted coats of a translucent mixture of crushed diamonds and fish scales; 1928 Kimball grand piano finished in 24-karat gold leaf; black and white, two-tone shoes worn during the early years of his career; and more.
· A special one-year Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum membership developed for the “Elvis in Music City” package that includes: complimentary admission for household and accompanying guests; invitations to private exhibit openings and other selected events; preferred ticketing for selected Museum events; a personalized membership card; a 10 percent discount at the Museum Store, The Grill and Hatch Show Print; a limited edition Hatch Show Print poster; and recognition in the Museum’s annual report.
· Daily breakfast for two
· Because Elvis was a fan of barbeque, guests will enjoy dinner at Jacks Bar-B-Que
· Either complimentary valet parking or roundtrip transportation to and from the airport
Holy "Hound Dog," Batman. The package will be available starting on Elvis' birthday, January 8th, and will run through August 16, 2010. The hotel bundle, which is really more like the ultimate fan's investment, doesn't yet show up on the Special Offers section of Loews' website, so you'll need to call (615) 321-1915 in order to book your stay. It might be worth it to plan early and block out your travel dates now. Never underestimate the fanatical enthusiasm of Jail House Rock lovers.