The bonanza is being billed as the “Won Night Only” package, with the winner getting to call The Curtis home from check-in at 3 p.m. on December 31st to check-out at 2 p.m. on January 1, 2010. That’s 23 hours of Happy New Year!
Here’s what you get if you accidentally hit “Bid” at just the right moment:
- 330 guest rooms for your closest friends and/or family
- the Rock Star Suite for you and a guest and The British Invasion suite for your BFF
- Food & drinks for everyone (must use current menu selections; normal liquor laws apply)
- Cocktail reception & canapés
- New Year’s Bash including open bar
- Late-night munchie bar
- Champagne brunch
- a photographer at your disposal for 5 hours
- live music and DJ (all music and entertainment executed by Curtis Design Staff. Additional music requests will rack up extra fees.)
- a personal limousine to use within a 20-mile radius for duration of stay
- event-planning help from the Curtis Design Team
- a welcome amenity for all guests
- valet or self-parking on a space-available basis
Bidding on the “Won Night Only” package began on October 1, at $50,000. As of today, there were four bids, with the current bid at $51,100. The reserve has not yet been met, but there is still time to get clicking and splurging: the auction will end October 11. If you think your PayPal account can handle it, you’ll find all the details, including a link for bidding here. Just be prepared for unfailing optimism and cartoon smiles when your head is pounding on January 1st.