HotelChatter's Guide to Toiletries :: The Big Players
We're passionate about Hotel Toiletries. So passionate, in fact, that we believe a particularly bad toiletry offering can serve to ruin an entire hotel experience. With endless new carry-on baggage regulations and luggage weight limits severely restricting our travel-toiletry options, we've become more and more dependent on hotels' grooming-product selections (or lack thereof) to use both during our stay and to swipe for use on our next trip.
We've run into our fair share of problems: penny-saving 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioners that render any sort of hairstyle hopeless. Lack of face wash. Soap that smells like baby wipes. Bottles of "lotion" that leave us feeling greasy. And the thought of sharing a single bar of soap with someone else sometimes leaves us feeling queasy.
While we realize (and hope) that nobody selects a hotel based exclusively on the toiletries they carry, we've compiled a list of which hotels carry what kind of toiletries for you to consult before you decide to pack the bottles of conditioner from your home shower.
Today, we're starting off with the big hotel brands and we'll do other hotels in the future. Just remember, this is a working list of toiletries and we'll do our best to keep it updated. Help us out if you want!
· Sheraton: Shine by Bliss
· Four Points by Sheraton: Caswell-Massey
· W Hotels: Bliss
· Westin: Made especially for Westin
· Aloft: Bliss
· Luxury Collection, St. Regis and Le Meridien: Signature bath products
· JW Marriott: Nervae
· Marriott: Bath and Body Works
· Renaissance: Lather
· Courtyard: Davies Gate
· Fairfield Inn: Pantene
· Residence Inn: Davies Gate
· SpringHill Suites: Pro Terra
· TownePlace Suites: Pro Terra
INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS (IHG)
· Hotel Indigo: Aveda
· Holiday Inn: Garden Botanika products
· Holiday Inn Express: Simply SmartTM
· Crowne Plaza: Reneu Botanicals collection
· Staybridge Suites: SIMPLY be wellTM herbal bath collection
Crabtree & Evelyn LaSource
Varies, but some properties use eShave
Bath and Body Works
Got a hotel toiletry that you love or hate? Let us know what it is and where you found it.
HotelChatter's Jenna Bromberg also contributed to this article.