· The magazine called him the "new golden boy of high-end hospitality." Paging Jason Pomeranc!
· Peck admitted to jumping off the roof into his pool at a party once in high school. Also, was a bit of a speed demon in his car.
· About the aesthetic of Cooper Square:
We're a big building but I don't think we're out of place. I think we're a great addition to the square.
Unfortunately, we're not sure many residents in Cooper Square feel that way.
· Was very brief when asked about high school frenemy/partner Matt Moss.
· Summed up his vision for Cooper Square here and it's all about classical elegance:
To me, it's captured in an old picture of Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack. They represented classical elegance that was also stylish and cool and not MTV pop cool. That's my personal aesthetic and I think it's appropriate for downtown New York.
I hope it doesn't come off as too much and that movie celebrities, the fashion industry and the core set of downtown New Yorkers respond to it.
That last line worries us a bit though. Yes, we know that attracting celebs and fashionistas is important in establishing the hotel on the cool scene. But hotel guests are so over staying in a hotel where they don't feel cool enough to be there. That was like so 2003!