Express Check-Out :: Los Angeles Rooftop Hotel Bars
Thompson Beverly Hills rooftop pool and lounge: Still just a rendering.
Los Angeles doesn't need rooftop bars as much as Manhattan does because well duh! It's the land of the sprawl out here. Also, it's warmer most of the year (double duh!) and pools are about as de rigueur as nose "refinements."
Yet should you still wish to nurse a sugar-free mojito (light on the rum) while looking at the land of smog, there are some places where your odd dream can come true.
And if you were hoping it would be at the Thompson Beverly Hills, you're going to have to wait a bit longer. (Typical!) The rooftop pool and lounge is now expected for late June.
· Sunset Tower: The Terrace Cafe serves food and drinks by the rooftop pool which is not at the very top of the hotel but rather on a mezzanine sort of level.
· Standard LA Downtown: Have you seen Entourage? Then you know what happens here.
· Hotel Angeleno: The bar and restaurant West are located on the top floor of the hotel but it's enclosed. Still, you can admire the beautiful view of the jacked-up 405 traffic.
· The Huntley Hotel: Ditto for this Santa Monica hotel, although substitute 405 views for ocean views.
· Peninsula Beverly Hills: The Roof Garden restaurant and bar is located just off the spa and next to the lap pool. It just had a $15 million renovation and is very exclusive. Only 40 people, sizes 0 to 8 preferably, are able to dine here at a time.