Hotel Chandler's Hotel Shower Too Hot to Handle...Literally
A 79-woman is suing the hotel for negligence to the tune of $79 million after a too-hot shower caused her to faint. The Houston Chronicle reports:
Ethel Tropez, a Hurricane Katrina refugee from New Orleans who lives in Live Oak, Texas, says in court papers she was badly burned and suffered scarring and disfigurement in the mishap on March 29, 2007, in the Hotel Chandler. The hotel, where deluxe rooms go for up to $510 a night, is on East 31st Street near Fifth Avenue, three blocks south of the Empire State Building.
When the paper interview Van Kempen, he said "no idea about any of this." His response is still being awaited.