The Oscars Are Good Business for Los Angeles Hotels
Our favorite Oscar win...
We wonder what Los Angeles-area hotels would have done this past weekend if the Writers' Strike had forced the Oscars to be skipped. But thankfully for hotel owners, general managers, and sales/marketing teams, that didn't happen!
Celebs and their entourages as well as media, wannabes and paparazzi flooded the hotels once the award show let out. Let's just say, we would have hated to been on either Sunset or Wilshire Boulevards last night.
In case you need to know who was where, here's a handy list:
· Page Six runs down the Oscar gossip. The Four Seasons on Doheny had a viewing party attended by Paris Hilton's parents; Earlier in the day, Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban ate lunch there; EW held their annual NYC viewing party at the Carlyle; the Sunset Tower hosted a "Glamour Girls" party during Oscar Week; Josh Hartnett hit up Chateau Marmont; Also, Amy Winehouse trashed a hotel in the UK. [Page Six]
· Harrison Ford and George Clooney hit up the Sunset Tower [TMZ]
· Josh Brolin and Diane Lane cuddled at the Miramax party at Bar Marmont in the Chateau Marmont [People]
· 300 journalists fill the ballroom at the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel to question winners and nominees [EW]
· The anticipated smackdown between Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston at the Beverly Hills Hotel sadly didn't happen. [The Bosh]