HotelChatter 2008 Awards Epilogue
Thanks for joining us on the last day of 2008 for our 2008 HotelChatter Year-End Awards. A big, big shout-out to all the Hotel Mavens out there who have contributed to our site with their reviews, photos and comments this year. We couldn't have done it all without you. Keep it up in 2009!
As always, there are at least four ways to contribute:
·Become a HotelChatter member and submit stories, releasing your inner travel writer.
·Become a HotelChatter member, comment on stories, and review hotels.
·Send us snapshots of your favorite and least favorite hotels.
·Shoot us an email tip.
Now for your viewing enjoyment, here is our complete list of winners. We will be back in full effect on Friday (yes, this Friday) to kick-off the new year of stories.
· All-Star Map: Andre Balazs' Real and Rumored Hotels
· Best Hotel Opening: SLS at Beverly Hills
· Hotelier of the Year: Bill Marriott
· People's Choice Award: Palazzo Las Vegas
· Best Hotel Scene: New York City
· Best New Hotel Service: Andaz's Reader in Residence
· Best Hotel Video Tours: Inside Aloft Hotels
· 2008 Must Have Amenity: High-Tech Recreational Toys
· Best International Hotel WiFi: The Emirates Palace
· Worst Hotel Hells: Monte Carlo Fire and Waldorf-Astoria Shoot-Out
· Best Hotel Renovation: The Fontainebleau Miami
· Worst Anti-View: Embassy Suites LAX
· Best Killer View: Intercontinental Hotel Bora Bora
· Worst Hotel Hype: Cooper Square Hotel
· Best Celebrity Performance: Eliot Spitzer