Where Else You Can Celebrate Election Night
We already rounded up where the movers and shakers in DC will be celebrating the end of Election 2008 but of course, Americans will be celebrating all over. Here are some places in your neck of the polls.
· The Avalon Hotel: The Blue on Blue restaurant here will be showcasing election-themed food and cocktails all day today from noon to close.
· The James Hotel: The hotel's lobby bar will be celebrating the election with McCain and Obama treats and drinks from 5pm until the election is called.
· The Renaissance Boston Waterfront: At the hotels 606 Congress restaurant a drawing will be held today where a lucky winner will get a night's stay in the $4,000 presidential suite and dinner for two.
· Nine Zero: This hotel is celebrating post-election by offering guests who book the Cloud Nine suite after Nov. 4th a gift package designed for the winning candidate, chock full of his favorite treats and a bottle of celebratory champagne.
· The Palazzo: SushiSamba inside the Palazzo has put together a special Election Day menu including two candidate-themed cocktails--The Maverick and the Obamarama. The restaurant will also be polling how many red and blue drinks were drunk that night. So if there's a question about the voting machine, just go here! Kidding of course.
· The Swan and Dolphin: This Orlando resort is still allowing guests to vote for themselves to win three-day/two-night trip to the hotel with a stay in the presidential suite for them and up to five "cabinet members", a three-day Park Hopper pass for all and a $250 dining credit at the resort. The package is valued at $4,900. Guests can still vote for themselves at www.swandolphin.com/election. The winner will be announced tomorrow at the same site.