Earning top honors:
· Favorite Destination: New York City
· Best Chain: Four Seasons
· Best Websites: Expedia and TripAdvisor
· Best Value Chains: Homewood Suites, Embassy Suites and DoubleTree
· Best Value for Small Lodgings: Disney's Fort Wilderness in Orlando
· Best Value for Large Lodgings: Timberline Lodge in Oregon
· Best Large Hotel: Ritz Carlton, Dallas
· Best Large Resort: Four Seasons, Hualalai
· Best Small Hotel: Vermont's Twin Farms
· Best Newcomer: Palazzo Resort & Casino, Las Vegas
As far as lovin' and hatin', the Zagat folks reported their main grievance about the hotel industry is poor service (so said 48% of surveyors). Also: 25% hated crappy room conditions and 15% were annoyed by noisy fellow guests. On the flip side, 56% were into in-room Wi-Fi (duh) and 29% adored in-lobby flight check-in.
Does this list have any major surprises for you? Are we all surprised that anyone can still afford the Four Seasons? Any major misses or glaring omissions? Sound off in the comments!