Holiday Hotels: Gingerbread Houses To Make, Play In or Stay In
This seems to be a popular hotel trend for the holidays--gingerbread houses. But not those little teeny ones you make in your grandma's kitchen. No, when hotels do something they do it big. Here are a few hotels around the world that go a little crazy with their gingerbread houses.
The Hotel Viking has chosen to forgo the practice of cutting down a 35 ft. tree for their annual tree lighting service and opted for a sweeter option with less impact to the environment.
· The Lafayette Hotel: If you stop in Marietta, Ohio over the holidays, check out their gingerbread house contest.
· The Westin St. Francis: This San Fran hotel has created its Sugar Castle which requires 70 of gingerbread and 100 pounds of assorted candy.
· Atlanta Marquis Marriott: Not to be outdone this hotel allows kids to sit on Santa's lap in their lifesize gingerbread house.
· Hyatt Regency Vancouver: This hotel will have the largest gingerbread house in Vancouver.
· The Gingerbread House: This is more our style. Escape the winter cold and all that gingerbread madness to this gingerbread bed and breakfast in Trinidad.