Where You Can Get a Hot Designer Dish In Your Hotel Bed
Celebrity chef restaurants and hip eateries in hotels are all the rage these days...blah, blah, blah blah.
We do a good job of covering which hotels have what restaurants but sometimes when we actually stay at a hotel, we are just too darn tired to schlep it down to the restaurant. Not to mention that we don't always have a travel buddy with us or a friend in town that we can meet up with.
Sometimes, we just like to eat in bed. But hamburgers, turkey clubs, bland pasta dishes and other room service staples just won't do. No, we want the good stuff.
Here is a list of hotels that serve their hip cuisine in their guestrooms.
· City Club: The menu from top chef Daniel Boulud's DB Bistro is served in-rooms during lunch and dinner times. If you want a foie gras burger at 3am, you are outta luck.
· Angler's Boutique Resort Hotel: This new SoBe property doesn't have a room service menu at all but the new Maison d'Azur brasserie will deliver your steak frites right to your room. (We actually did that.)
· The Muse Hotel: The District restaurant inside this Times Square hotel allows guest to create their own ice cream flavors (with 48 hours notice) that are brought up to their rooms.
· The Metropolitan, London: Nobu is on the room service menu. 'Nuff said.
· Trump International Hotel: Jean-Georges Vongerichten has some offerings from this highly acclaimed restaurant on the room service menu.
· Hotel Gansevoort: Serves the full menu from its Ono restaurant.
· Four Seasons George V: Philippe Legendre, chef of Le Cinq, oversees the room service menu here.
Have any more gluttonous room service suggestions? Don't hog it to yourself, give us a bite.
· World's most outrageous room service dishes [MSNBC]