Andre Balazs Looking to Sell Some of His Hotels
The celeb-friendly hotelier would keep The Mercer in SoHo and would continue to manage and operate all his hotels under the proposed deal.
"We want to take the equity out of these properties and reinvest it in additional hotels," Balazs told Crain's.
Some more notes on Balazs and his kingdom:
· A Hamptons blog is reporting that he and Uma Thurman are back on! [Talk Around Town]
· We gave you the latest on a possible Bahamian partnership with Lenny Kravitz. [HotelChatter]
· Michael Musto calls the doorman at the Mercer Hotel "the most reliably fucked-up" because he told Musto that Mercer Kitchen was down the block not in the hotel. [Village Voice]
· Artist towels will be the official pool towels at The Raleigh during Art Basel [Luxist]
· Andre Balazs Hotels: The Real and the Rumored [HotelChatter]