Trump Chicago Opening in December
Yesterday, Donald Trump made the announcement that he would be branding all his hotels as part of the Trump Hotel Collection. And the first new hotel to be part of this collection is the Trump Hole...er Hotel Chicago.
Remember this was the project that Bill Rancic, first winner of The Apprentice was assigned to. Bill has such moved onto different things but the hotel will open in December. And daughter Ivanka graces the home page of the hotel's annoyingly flash-heavy site.
Trump Chicago is actually a condo-hotel so that some of the units will be owned by individuals who will then rent them out to hotel guests as needed. The 339 guestrooms are broken down into Tower Guestrooms and Spa Guestrooms. Each will feature:
· Ten-foot floor-to-ceiling windows affording breathtaking views of the Lake Michigan, the Chicago River the city skyline
· Fully equipped kitchens with Italian wood cabinetry by Snaidero
· Stainless steel appliances including Miele cooktop and dishwasher, Sub-Zero refrigerator, and Wolf or GE microwave (based on unit type)
· Flat-screen LCD televisions with DVD and CD players
· Luxurious limestone bathrooms with custom vanities, air-jet bathtub, seperate shower and premium fixtures
(Oops, there's a little spelling error on the website there, can you find it?)
According to GlobeSt, Trump Chicago will feature a 100,000 sf of retail space that includes the Rebar Lounge, Sixteen restaurant and The Spa at Trump. Eric Trump, the youngest son, said they hope that the rest of the space will be filled out by a high-end grocer, sushi restaurant and a high-end jeweler of course.
Despite rumors that the hotel would not open 'til February, the Donald is insistent that the hotel will open in December. We're gonna hold you to that Donald. Meanwhile, his other project in Vegas is set for February/March 2008.
· News Briefs: Trump is Everywhere [HotelChatter]