Mountain View Travel Guide
With so much hotel news flying around, we don't always have time to give every story the attention it deserves. Here's more of the day's news, in brief.
· New Hotel Next to Google: A high-end hotel will be going up soon near the Google Headquarters in Mountain View, Calif. and it might be a Kimpton. But the hotel won't open until sometime in 2013 or 2014. Boo. Until then, shack up at the Hotel Avante. [Silicon Valley Biz Journal]
· Affordable Weekday Stay at the Empire Hotel: This new deal has rooms starting at $149 a night at The Empire Hotel Sunday-Thursday stays through June. [Travelzoo]
· Hotel Rooms Filling Up For The Masters: The legendary golf tourney begins tomorrow in Augusta, GA and hotels are getting some much-needed business. [The State]
· NYLO Website is Top: Only having two hotels, the NYLO brand has won the Best Website award for the hotel and lodging industry in the 2009 Internet Advertising Competition Awards. [Hotels Mag]
Geek Hotels / Lists / HotelChatter / Tech Hotels / Awards / → All Tags
My fave geek hotel would have to be the Hotel Avante in Mountain View, CA. No flat panel TV, but retro styling, comfy chairs, solid network connectivity, daily beer busts (ok, cocktails) in the foyer, a HiFi room where you can get out of your room to listen to music, loaner CDs, and a useful desk with something other than a Gideon's bible make for a very, very pleasant stay.
The proximity to Silicon Valley also has a sufficient geek quotient. And notice in the desk, a mini-etch a sketch, a slinky, a yo-yo and of course the geeky Rubick's cube. What? No Casio calculator watches?
· Best Geek Hotels in the World [HotelChatter]