Cairns Travel Guide
To say that the proposed $4.2 billion Aquis Great Barrier Reef Resort in Australia would gain world attention and become Australia's most prized resort would be, without question, one of the biggest understatements of the year.
No sense beating around the bush. Check out the details on this place -- HUGE doesn't do it justice:
• 3,750 hotel rooms across 9 luxury hotel brands;
• 1,180 managed apartments;
• 130 managed villas;
• an international class casino with 750 tables;
• one of the world’s largest aquariums;
• 145,313 square feet of high-end retail shopping;
• a 25,000 seat sports stadium;
• a 484,376 square feet convention and exhibition center;
• 20 hectares of reef lagoon;
• 2 x 2,500 seat theaters;
• a cultural heritage center;
• an 18 hole golf course.
We’re big nature lovers. So long as the nature we’re talking about is experienced under controlled, well-maintained circumstances—you know, like a luxury African safari, or a guided reef dive. That’s why, when we were at the Australian Tourism Exchange earlier this summer in Adelaide, we were excited to hear about the Cairns Wildlife Dome at the Pullman Reef Casino Hotel Cairns.